SolveSpace works under Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8.
- solvespace.exe (version 2.0)
If your antivirus software reports a problem, then please contact its developer. Various programs have reported false positives, and some but not all have fixed their bug.
No installation is required. After downloading solvespace.exe, you can run it immediately. If you wish to continue using SolveSpace, then save solvespace.exe somewhere convenient (e.g., on your desktop).
To uninstall SolveSpace, delete solvespace.exe.
* * *
Quick start: The first time SolveSpace runs, you will see an empty workplane.
- To draw a line, choose the Sketch → Line Segment (or circle, or arc, or ...) menu. Then left-click to define the endpoints. Hit Escape if you want to stop drawing before you've formed a closed contour.
- Right-drag to pan, center-drag to rotate, and mousewheel to zoom. To align the view's rotation back to the workplane, choose View → Align View to Workplane.
- To select a line, hover the mouse over the line (it turns yellow), and left-click (it turns red). To dimension the line's length, choose Constrain → Distance / Diameter.
- To move the dimension, drag it. To change the dimension, double-click it, type a number, and hit Enter.
* * *
SolveSpace is free software, distributed under the GPLv3. Source code is available for download at:
The source code is also hosted in git at Gitorious.
The GPLv3 permits most use of SolveSpace in free software, but generally forbids linking this code with proprietary software. If your application requires a different license, then please contact me for details.